Bill Countryman Scholarship Program
Each year, Credit Union 1 is proud to offer the Bill Countryman Scholarship program to qualified Alaska applicants. As a longtime board member at Frontier Alaska State Credit Union (one of the credit unions that merged to make CU1 what it is today), Mr. Countryman believed that education and adventure are what keep you young!
Eligible applicants will fall into one of these three categories:
- Individuals or students continuing their education at an accredited college or vocational school.
- Senior high students applying for admission to an accredited college or vocational school.
- Junior high or high school students through 11th grade applying for the Johns Hopkins CTY Program.
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2019
The following criteria will be used to grant scholarships:
- Student or parent must be a member of Credit Union 1 for at least one year or more as of April 1, 2019
- Student must show financial need
- Good academic record
- Record of community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Students must state future plans/goals
Please email [email protected] with any questions!